The Planning and Development Committee
The Parish Council is a statutory consultee on planning applications. This means that we have the right and the responsibility to give an opinion to Hart District Council, the planning authority, on all applications – and our intention is to take into account the views of residents. We also refer to the following documents when providing our opinion:
- NALC guide to responding to planning applications
- Neighbourhood Plan
- Hart Parking Provision Interim Guidance
- Village Design Statement
- Hart District Local Plan
- Odiham Conservation Area Character Appraisal and Management Proposals
- Basingstoke Canal Conservation Area Character Appraisal and Management Proposals
- North Warnborough Conservation Area Character Appraisal and Management Proposals
In addition, the Committee:
- monitors major development projects to try to ensure they comply with the planning conditions and consents that have been granted, alerting the enforcement officers at HDC if there is a problem;
- is working to identify the means to provide adequate social housing to meet the needs of residents of the parish;
- studies and responds to policy documents and plans produced by Hart District Council (the Local Plan and its replacement, the Local Development Framework) and by SEERA (the South East Plan) which will determine the planning environment and policies on which planning decisions for the parish must be made; and
- develops initiatives and policies for adoption by Hart District Council as planning guidance as part of the local planning framework. Two examples are: promoting the development and updating of Conservation Areas and statements; and working with the wider community on developing a Village Design Statement.
If you wish to comment on a planning application, you are warmly invited to send your comments to the parish council as well as to Hart District. We are given the same deadline to respond to applications as all residents, so we will have to give our views before the deadline for responses to Hart – please bear that in mind. You may find this guide from Hart DC useful when considering your comments.
When writing or emailing on planning matters, please always include the parish office in case an individual Cllr is away, when the Council might therefore receive your response too late.
To find out more or view applications online, please see the Hart District Council planning website.
You can also view the Hart District Council Planning Policy.
Cllrs appointed to the committee are: Pam Verdon (Chair), Kathryn Ball, Rowena Coleman, Will MacPhee, Angela McFarlane and David Stewart.
Please see the councillors page for details.