Chapel Cottage

Chapel Cottage OdihamThe Cemetery cottage was built in 1860 at the same time as the chapels .  The first Cemetery Registrar was James Sainsbury, a painter, who was paid 8s.0d (40p) a week with rent free accommodation in the cottage.  Until the 1980’s the Parish Council employed a resident superintendent to maintain the cemetery but now this is done by contractors.

The cottage has a gross external area of 113m2 and is now rented out to generate an income for the Council.