Although the Parish Council first met in 1894, it was not until ten years later that the Parish Room and the adjacent Fire Station, now demolished, was opened. The Parish Council has met there ever since. In the 1930’s there were an average of 10 meetings each year. Now the Council meets approximately 24 times a year. The room was redecorated in October 2006 and a again in 2016.
The gross external area of the Parish room is 34m2 and due to Health and Safety regulations, the maximum capacity for public attendance at Council meetings is 20. This is 10 seated and 10 standing. Please contact the clerk for further details.
King Street Toilets
Odiham Parish Council took ownership of King Street toilets from Hart DC in March 2014. They are very kindly opened and closed by a local business, on weekdays. Although they are not usually open on a weekend, they are open during special events in the village.
The gross external area of the toilets is 37m2 and both the inside and outside of the toilets were re-decorated in time for the Magna Carta celebrations in May 2015.
Following on from the survey carried out in 2017, OPC has approved a specification for refurbishment works to the toilets, gone out to tender and will be reviewing the tenders during the meeting on 3 December 2018.
During the meeting on 3 December 2018, the full council approved the amenity committee's recommendation to appoint contractor 4 who quoted £40,862 ex VAT for refurbishment works to the toilets and also approved the funding strategy as per the circulated report. OPC is looking forward to working with the appointed contractor.