Traffic and Transport Committee
The Traffic and Transport Committee’s main objectives are:
To allow safe, secure and easy passage for all forms of transport throughout the parish within planning guidelines. The committee is responsible for:
- The direct provision of services covering lighting, roadside seating and litter bins. Most of these are owned and maintained by the Parish Council, though lighting maintenance is sub-contracted out to Hampshire County Council.
- Working with Hart District Council, Hampshire County Council, the police and others on the provision of improved
- Monitoring the state of public footpaths and ensuring access and maintenance standards are met.
- Developing appropriate parking management schemes and promoting additional facilities ensuring the provision of sufficient safe crossing points on parish highways;
- Ensuring the effective management of traffic volumes and speeds on all parish roads.
Members of the Committee are: John Bell – Chair; Jean Marc David; Mark Faulkner; Jon Hale; Richard Harris; James Robinson-Giannasi; David Stewart; Craig Worboys
Please see the councillors page for details.