Parish Council Meeting Agendas and Minutes
Agendas for the next meeting will be posted on the website and in the noticeboards on the Monday before the meeting.
Due to Health and Safety the maximum capacity for members of the public in the parish room is 20. This is 10 seated and 10 standing. If more than 20 members of the public make it known that they wish to attend a meeting then an alternative venue will need to be booked. If this isn’t possible, the item of interest will be deferred or even the whole meeting. Please do let the parish office know if you intend to attend a meeting so that we can ensure you can be accommodated.
Please note that members of the public and press are invited to attend and listen at all council meetings. Council meetings are not public meetings. The only public participation is during the public session. This is an opportunity for residents to have their say on matters which affect them. We would be grateful if you would note the following:
- Any resident of the parish may ask to speak in the public session.
- The request must normally be made to the Clerk, by the Friday midday before the next Council meeting.
- Only one person may speak on any given topic at any meeting.
- The normal time allowed per speaker will be three minutes (from February 2017), but the Chair may vary this on request at his discretion. The public session is for 10 minutes only.
- The Clerk will circulate any papers provided by the speaker at least 24hours before the meeting.
- The Council undertakes to listen to the speaker and may ask questions of clarification; it does not undertake to answer questions raised during the same session.
- The more notice given and the more specific any questions are and the more clearly an issue is described, the more likely that the Council will be able to provide an answer.
4 Dec 17