The Deer Park
This page has been created to keep you up to date on the plans to restore The Deer Park.
27 January 2017 – At an EGM held on 23 January 2017, OPC agreed by a majority vote the following:-
Ref no. 16/03247/FUL – Odiham parish council raises no objection to this planning application but would ask that Hart DC considers the following:-
- OPC has the opportunity to decide on the need and possible alternatives for the proposed community centre.
- The covenants need to be clarified, robust and in perpetuity. There is a requirement that the covenant with OPC is in the same terms of ‘heirs and successors in title’ as the one with Hart DC.
- That OPC is included in discussions and decisions concerning the management and associated covenants regarding the car park and open space.
- That OPC has visibility of a Hart conducted assessment of the maintenance cost of any gifted land before we decide to accept it.
- The inclusion of an article 4 direction over the site to restrict any permitted development rights, thus controlling all further development.
- That the existing hedgerows should be protected and maintained as they follow historic lines.
- That both Hart DC and OPC can have input into how any privacy issues from increased public usage of the footpaths/cycle way can be mitigated – perhaps by providing a greater distance to neighbouring properties or with planting.
- That Hart DC work with the landowner to provide an improved cycle way to better connect Odiham and North Warnborough as part of the proposal.
- To consider 2 minor modifications to the proposed footpaths on the site to follow desire lines (as attached).
- How the public footpaths will be impacted by the presence of deer.
- Exploring the opportunity for affordable housing, as there is no provision for affordable housing in this scheme on the site or elsewhere. Perhaps the idea of a rural exception site could be revisited.
Ref no. 16/03248/LBC – Odiham Parish Council raises no objection to this planning application and leaves it to the Conservation Officer to provide suitable advice.
6 January 2017 – The Deer Park planning application has now been validated by Hart DC and can be viewed on Hart’s website under planning reference nos. 16/03247/FUL and 16/03248/LBC.
11 October – EGM cancelled. OPC has just been informed by Hart DC that the applicant for the Deer Park has withdrawn the planning application that was due to be considered at tonight’s EGM . As this is the only item to be discussed at the meeting, it will now be cancelled. While outside of our control, we apologise for any inconvenience this may have caused you and we will keep you updated on any future application submitted to Hart DC.
30 September 2016 – Bell Cornwell have supplied the following link to the Deer Park application:- http://www.bell-cornwell.co.uk/news/odiham-deer-park-planning-application
23 September 2016 – Hart DC have notified OPC today of two planning applications received for the Deer Park – 16/02214/LBC and 16/02213/FUL. These can be viewed at http://www.hart.gov.uk. The closing date for all observations is 20 October 2016. Your observations should be submitted to Hart DC. OPC will be holding an EGM for the full council to consider this proposal. This date will be advertised as soon as it has been confirmed. The office has paper copies of the application if you wish to come and view them.
30 August 2016 – Following our recent update that the plans will soon be submitted, OPC has been informed by the applicants agent that they have now submitted their application to Hart DC for their proposal for the Deer Park. As we have previously communicated, once Hart DC notify OPC that they have validated the application and the plans are available for public review (which includes OPC) we will let you know.
Historical overview of the Deer Park
This document was created from a personal compilation of material kindly supplied by Mr Hugh Sheppard from The Odiham Society’s archives and the Hampshire Records Office.
9 August 2016 – Bell Cornwell, the agents acting on behalf of the owner of the Deer Park, have confirmed that should we request a meeting, they will gladly informally meet with us (although they have also confirmed that there is nothing of great importance to impart to us since their last public presentation to OPC last year – and that their formal planning application is imminent). This is something that OPC will consider and update you on should we decide a meeting at this stage is beneficial.
Bell Cornwell have however also suggested that after a planning application has been submitted, there should be a formal meeting organised by Hart DC to review any proposed public owned space, covenants and restrictions that would provide future protection for the land as well as any grant funds.
25 July 2016 – Please note that OPC was NOT invited to a recent private meeting with Bell Cornwell as per the email circulated by SPAG. We have however just been informed that the developer is close to submitting the application. Once OPC has received the notification of a valid application from Hart DC, it will be discussed during a public meeting.
MEETING UPDATE 05-10-15
It was agreed by the majority vote, that OPC endorse the vision to be progressed to a planning proposal, where we expect its detail to be subjected to the rigours of Hart’s planning process, where the community can express their opinion as individuals and where OPC expects to be engaged and consulted by Hart on behalf of the community and review the detail once submitted as consultees.
PRESENTATION RECEIVED FROM BELL CORNWELL – 30/09/15
Deer Park Presentation
MEETING UPDATE 30-09-15
Update 30 September
EMAIL RECEIVED FROM BELL CORNWELL – 8/9/15
EMAIL RECEIVED FROM BELL CORNWELL – 2/9/15
Bell Cornwell email 2 Sept
25 SEPTEMBER 2015 – UPDATE
Deer Park update 25-09-15
15 SEPTEMBER 2015 – UPDATE
Deer Park update 15-09-15
24 JULY 2015 – UPDATE
Deer park 24 July 2015
UPDATE FROM OPC 17 JUNE 2015
Deer Park update 17 June 2015
Please see this page for further details on the recent exhibition held by Bell Cornwell and a survey monkey questionnaire.
For further information, please contact:
Bell Cornwell, Oakview House, Station Road, Hook. RG27 9TP
Tel: 01256 766673
RESPONSE FROM OPC TO BELL CORNWELL – 17/06/15
email to Bell Cornwell
RESPONSE FROM PHILIP JAMES CHAIR OF THE NH PLAN TO BELL CORNWELL – 8/06/15
Philip James reply to Bell Cornwell
EMAIL RECEIVED FROM BELL CORNWELL – 02/06/15
Bell Cornwell email
MEETING HELD ON 25 APRIL 2015 PRIOR TO THE PUBLIC CONSULTATION
JF Deer Park meeting notes
MEETING HELD ON 18 NOVEMBER 2014
PUBLIC VERSION – NOTES FROM DEER PARK MEETING 18.11.14